AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding Strategy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I am using Target CPA for my campaigns. However, if I want to select a different bidding strategy to my campaigns, to test which best works for us. Is it advisable that I keep two separate campaigns with similar settings and just change the Bid strategy?

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Rajashree 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheema T
September 2015

Re: Bidding Strategy

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sheema,

Creating a duplicate campaign with different bid strategy isn't a good practice, as it would cause your ads to compete with each other.

Instead, you can switch to a bid strategy, monitor the performance for a couple of weeks and compare the statistics with previous time period that had the original bid strategy.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheema T
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sheema,

Creating a duplicate campaign with different bid strategy isn't a good practice, as it would cause your ads to compete with each other.

Instead, you can switch to a bid strategy, monitor the performance for a couple of weeks and compare the statistics with previous time period that had the original bid strategy.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Sheema,

Welcome to the AdWords Forum Smiley Happy

It is not advisable to create clone campaigns to test bidding Strategy.
Also if you create a new campaigns, The older campaigns has a history and running in CPA bidding. So new campaigns will not show any performance.

Suggest you, if you really want to test Bidding strategy, you need to test in same campaigns.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’