2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bid value Strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At the initial stage what should be the bid value of a particular keyword ...Should I bid more than suggested bid or less than that.

Re: Bid value Strategy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Partha,
Welcome to adwords community !
Starting bid strategy totally depend on your product or business model. Following bid strategy you can apply at the time of campaign starting based on your requirement:

1. Maximize clicks:
what it does: Automatically sets bids to get you the most clicks, within a target spend amount that you choose
When to use it : When site visits are your primary goal , When you want to maximize traffic on long tail terms and keep to a certain spend

2. Enhanced CPC:
What it does: Automatically adjusts your manual bid up or down based on each click’s likelihood to result in a conversion
When to use it : When conversions are the main objective, but you also want control over keyword bids

Hope this help you take right decision.

Thanks,
Jitender

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Suppose one of my keywords suggested bid is INR 10 and and I want more click for conversation. Then what should be my Strategy at that stage of setting my bid value for that particular keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Partha,
If you want both clicks & conversion then bid strategy at the campaign starting should be manual bids with enhance setting. Increase your bids according to got ad position.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Partha D,

I would like to suggest you to start with the suggested bid to make sure that your ads are coming on the first page of SERP. Slowly increase your bid to achieve a higher ad rank & also monitor your conversions.Check at which position you are getting good returns & then set automated rule to achieve that desired position..