1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bid too large

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Under opportunities, increase traffic I have 5 ads that I should increase the bid for.  I tried to increase the bid on all five and they all say the bid is too large.  What am I doing wrong?  In some of them the bid is only up 7 cents and it still says the bid is too large.

Thank you for your response!

Laura

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arise
September 2015

Re: Bid too large

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

Are the limits set at $1.00?  Are you by chance working with a non-profit or under Google Grants?  I recall seeing some information about bid limits under those programs.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

I found this for you, should you need it:  http://www.google.com/grants/details.html

Here's the snippet I thought of when I saw your post:

"The maximum cost-per-click (CPC) that a Google Grantee is able to choose is $1.00, and some keywords may not be available to you at this amount."

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Arise,

I have never seen this message! What is your campaign daily budget and default bid for each ad group?

If your bid is a substantial portion of your daily budget, Google will not be able to serve your ads. This generally happens when your bid exceeds 1/4 of yoru daily budget. That could be what you are seeing here.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arise
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

Are the limits set at $1.00?  Are you by chance working with a non-profit or under Google Grants?  I recall seeing some information about bid limits under those programs.

-Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, we are a non profit, Tom.  I will read the policy again.  Maybe overlooked it.

Thank you!

Laura

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

I found this for you, should you need it:  http://www.google.com/grants/details.html

Here's the snippet I thought of when I saw your post:

"The maximum cost-per-click (CPC) that a Google Grantee is able to choose is $1.00, and some keywords may not be available to you at this amount."

-Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you so much, Tom!  That is the problem allright!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Nice work, Tom!

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am planning to start the Google Ad words activities and I am very much new to this. I though of taking some knowledge and the basic concepts to start up. In here I found you as a frequent member and thought of asking you.

Appreciated for your responce in advance..!!!

Regards,

Sonai

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi SoniaSingh,

I would suggest taking a look at this thread from yesterday, there is a good amount of direction on how to get started in there.

If you have any specific questions, please start a new thread here in the Adwords Community and ask away.

I may be listed as a Frequent Member but there are plenty of folks here with higher 'standing' here.  There are many folks with varying specialties and experience who can and are willing to help.

Thanks,

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭