Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bid adjustment across time of day, across time zones

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In our account the tz is set to PST and I believe this can't be changed.

We want to use bid-modifier/adjustment functionality such that our bids are increased during specific hours of day. But here is the issue - PST and EST are apart by 3 hours. If I increase the bid between 10-11 am by 50%, it'd be fine for PDT but that'd be 1 - 2 pm on EST, which isn't what I'd want.

I'd ideally want the bids to be 50% higher between 10-11 am across all time zones where I advertise. I know this is possible by creating multiple campaigns - 1 for each tz adjusting the 'time' of bid modifier. But, is it also somehow possible in a single campaign?

Thanks,

--Sudip

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pidus
September 2015

Re: Bid adjustment across time of day, across time zones

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
As far as I am aware the only way to do this is to create multiple campaigns since the geo targeting and the scheduling is controlled at the campaign level.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pidus
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
As far as I am aware the only way to do this is to create multiple campaigns since the geo targeting and the scheduling is controlled at the campaign level.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I had a similar problem when i was running a campaign which covered all of north america. In the end I ended up creating diffrent campaigns for each timezone and adjusting the ad schedule accordingly.

I am not sure if there is easy way out of this

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog