AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bid Adjustmennt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all 

Is it possible to limit the value of a bid after bid adjustments are applied?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Bid Adjustmennt

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marine S,

Bid adjustment itself provides you the option to adjust the bids within your limit in term of percentage.

It also gives you the calculation for your final bid after the adjustments.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Bid Adjustmennt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know what  you mean 

I have 3 types of bid adjustments: age gender and day of week

They are all very interesting but in case someone qualifies for all 3, the bid is a bit too high

On the other hand, if I lower the bid adjustments and someone only qualifies for 1, then I'm not sure my bid will be competitive enough

I was wondering if there is a way to cap the amount I'm willing to pay per click

Bid Adjustmennt

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here is some useful information, expect this I don't think there is a way to cap the bid in this case.

Multiple bid adjustments

When you set more than one bid adjustment in your campaign, those adjustments are typically multiplied together to determine how much your bid will increase or decrease. However, multiple device and location bid adjustments behave differently.

Keep in mind that combined bid adjustments cannot exceed a 900% bid increase. For example, a $1 bid with a device increase of 900% combined with a location increase of 900% will result in a bid of only $10. The lowest possible bid adjustment when combining multiple bid adjustments is -90%.

Multiple device bid adjustments

If you set a device bid adjustment at the campaign level and an adjustment for the same device at the ad group level, the ad group device bid adjustment will be used to determine the resulting bid adjustment. However, if the campaign-level device bid adjustment is a 100% decrease, then the ad group level device bid adjustment won't be used.

Multiple location bid adjustments

Multiple adjustments that apply to the same location won't be combined. If you set an adjustment of +50% for France, and +100% for Paris, only the adjustment for Paris, the most specific location, will be used for traffic from users in Paris.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’