AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Best way to relaunch last year seasonal campaign ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last year I made a seasonal campaign. It went well. What is the best way to simply relaunch it today ? If utting the ended date a wrong way (i guess so), is tehre a duplicate tool way ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best way to relaunch last year seasonal campaign ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I believe that in case you want to relaunch a seasonal campaign from last year now, you should be prepared for the new competition as well. 

In terms of digital marketing, things change instantly. And here you are talking about just relaunching the old campaign. I don't know how's the business niche is, but still I believe that you should review that campaign and try the Auction Insights Report (if that's feasible) to see how other advertisers have been performing, so that you know the benchmark where you could be standing when you are online.

There are outside factors which does play important role like special offers/deals etc...which you might have to evaluate so that your campaign works well.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rene-Pierre,

You can duplicate things very easily with AdWords Editor. In your case you will just need to download the campaign in the software, right click to copy it and then right click again to paste it.

If you get stuck just let us know and I'll provide a screenshot to help.

Edit: After considering Pankaj's excellent insights of course Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. Both good answers. @ScottyD will doing this will keep everything (the campaigns, ads and keywords.. all together ?)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Rene-Pierre N, if you copy it from this campaign level then everything will be included. Just check things like your settings as these will obviously need to be changed if you originally has a schedule set to end.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
okay its still alive ; i prefer online vs software ;-) anyway to do it online ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rene-Pierre N
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I'd definitely recommend getting familiar with AdWords Editor if you get a chance as it will save you time and effort in the long run. In the meantime it's indeed possible to do this from the live interface; simply check the box next to your campaign at the campaign level and then click on the Edit drop down menu. From here click on Copy, hit the Edit drop down menu again and this time select Paste.

I must admit I've never done it this way before so just have a quick scan through your new campaign to make sure everything is in order. Let us know if you get stuck with anything Smiley Happy