AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Best way to create Ad copy in Search Ad?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All

I am creating ad copies for one my clients based in USA which deals in couriers services. So I just wanna know what is the best way to create the ad copies so that the ad should get high rank and low cpc. 

I read somewhere, that one should include domain name along with the desire keyword in the ad copies, is the good strategy to get low cpc and the good number of conversions. Is that the right strategy to follow? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best way to create Ad copy in Search Ad?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Gagan,

I am recommending you reading this help center link which explains Adcopy Creation tips:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

I prefer to have specific adcopy for the set of keywords I have in adgroup. I don't understand what do you mean by including domain name in adcopy. We add domain name in destination and display url. It is advisable to add keyword if possible in display url. such as www.xyz.com/Keyword

Destination url is landing page where we want user to land once they click ad.

Do add ad extensions whichever is applicable in your case. Ad extensions helps add more content to your ad. Also helps increase the CTR. You can always test multiple adcopies in an adgroup. And see what adcopy is working for you.

Ad Extensions: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

To get an idea of writing an adcopy I would suggest to check Ad Preview tool and see what your competitors ads are. Do not copy them. Just make your adcopy that stands out.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any doubt.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Neha,

BY Adding domain name in ad content means, For eg: if the domain name is xyzcourier.com then in that case should write ad copy like "call xyz courier to get courier delivered" to get more preference ? will this increase some value to the ad copy and help in getting good ranking ?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It is advisable to add call to action in adcopy for better performance. Call to action such as Call now, call today, sign up now, free trial, call for free quote etc are good to add in adcopy. You can try different call to action and see over the period of time which call to action is performing. You can also add courier service name to Headline such as "XYZ Courier service".

You need to test two three adcopies with variations and once you accumulate enough statistics check winning adcopy.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’