Guide Me
star_border

Best Practice Approach - Large company using multiple vendors / agencys

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am new to using Adwords, and I am keen to set up our large company account using a 'best practice approach' to avoid potential future pitfalls.

My company uses a number of different agencies to create campaigns and I am concerned that we do not own the Adwords accounts they are using for our campaigns.  This means if we part ways with them - we lose historical information and reporting.

So should we be running one account with multiple vendors?  Do we grant all of our vendors admin level access to our own Adwords account, and ask them to recreate their campaigns within our account?

• Our companys Adwords account already has one account manager (another vendor) applied
  • Will moving everybody to our account create problems in terms of confidentiality issues between vendor
  • Is it normal for vendor to create/own adwords accounts - and not the company that they run the campaigns for
  • What do other companys do where they have multiple vendors running campaigns?

Keen to hear your thoughts, and thank you in advance Smiley Wink

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Best Practice Approach - Large company using multiple vendors / agencys

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Delia;

Please note that you might fall into a violation of the "gain unfair advantage " clause of the Policy (though, to be csure further in depth check is needed)

In general; promoting the same product or service, to the same targeted audience, by the same business (e.g. "The large company"), by  using several accounts  - is a violation.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @MosheTLV,

Thank you for taking time to reply to my question Smiley Happy

To explain the set up further - we have a large company with lots of different internal divisions - that run with their own budgets and employ different agencies to run campaigns about different products.

I am trying to understand what is a normal approach to running an Adwords account in this situation. Do we allow agencies to set up separate adwords accounts that they manage. Or do we ask all of our agencies to use our main company adwords account?

Thank you in advance Smiley Wink

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... Surely some coordination is needed here....

I would set an MCC and set the accounts  under the MCC  to promote products based on product lines,  OR based on Geo regions,  to avoid any  (possible)  violation.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Delia I'll try and answer what I can of your questions.

Firstly and most importantly, I would always advise that any company owns their own AdWords Account.  As you've pointed out, not being the owner of your Account leaves you open to all sorts of potential problems.  Essentially there's no difference in the running of the Accounts themselves, the only difference is in the ultimate owner so there's not really any valid reason for agencies to demand they own the Account(s).

As @MosheTLV has suggested, it does sound like there could be some need for optimising how your Accounts are arranged.  With larger companies it's not uncommon to find they operate multiple Accounts (under one or more MCC umbrellas) but these Accounts tend to be quite distinct in their advertising targets and objectives.

As for controlling access, this will form a part of your planned structure.  A good solid MCC "tree" will help you keep access under control.

Do come back with more questions, operating a large Account can involve problems that are not seen with smaller companies.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits