AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Below first page bid hiding the Low Search Volume notification

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Did you notice that if you add keywords from the opportunities tab they can have "below first page bid" and if you do not raise them to the first page bid, you don't find out how many of them actually have "Low Search Volume" ?

How can we see what new keywords have low search volume , if we set a "below first page bid", if the  two notifications are in the same place ? Is the only way raising the bid to the first page bid ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Below first page bid hiding the Low Search Volume notification

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Yes, I have seen that happening.

As with any software program, "priorities" have to be built into the program, so that things happen one at a time. In this program, the "low search volume" message is of lower priority than the "below first page bid" message. (I would guess this is because low bids are of more concern to more advertisers than low search volume, but I have no definite information on the subject.)

You cannot see which keywords will produce the "low search volume" message until you have set your bids at the first page estimate or higher.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Yes, I have seen that happening.

As with any software program, "priorities" have to be built into the program, so that things happen one at a time. In this program, the "low search volume" message is of lower priority than the "below first page bid" message. (I would guess this is because low bids are of more concern to more advertisers than low search volume, but I have no definite information on the subject.)

You cannot see which keywords will produce the "low search volume" message until you have set your bids at the first page estimate or higher.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

It just occured to me that I could simply stop the ad group to avoid costs by raising the bid, make the changes to raise the bids , than revert just the bids change after discovering how many keywords are added useless because of LowSV.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If, by "stop" you mean pausing the Ad Group, that might not work.

This kind of information in the interface is usually only triggered where ads are active. Where ads are inactive, though pausing a campaign or Ad Group, they don't always show up.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting, I did not know this.

Yes, I meant to pause the ad group to avoid raising the clicks costs while I am aplying a change to "raise bids to First page bid".