AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Below First Page Bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I setup up broad match modifier for +moving +company targeted in seattle wa

but it says First page bid estimate:US$8.05. Currently my max cpc is 8.00. Doesn't my add show up for multiple keywords even the cheap keyword phrases that have no competition( like long tailed keywords). Why do I have to pay 8.05 instead of 2.00

2 Expert replyverified_user

Below First Page Bid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I find that recommendation to be very off.  Take a look at your position and your bid and make sure you are bidding high enough to be in a good position.

Below First Page Bid

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The first bid estimate has  some margin of error,. So $8 should do as long has your QS is high enough.

Remember that, generally speaking (with exceptions) the keyword that is matched to the query is the one with the highest ad-rank. The long tail one would be matched as long as it had also had an ad rank above a certain threshold (yes, the  ranking algorithm is not that simple... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’