Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Basic Concepts of Google AdWords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

In a competitive market, it's tough to be stable at a top ranking position. Google gives an opportunity to all small and big brands to serve their services with ease. The AdWords tool helps advertisers to advertise their brand and get more relevant users on your website. Here I am going to share few basic steps of Google AdWords, which will help you to boost your business on the Internet. As we know Google is the biggest search engine in the world, millions of users come on Google on a daily basis to search for things.

Keywords Analysis

Keywords play a vital role in AdWords (PPC-Pay Per Click) first we have to analyze the keywords with the keywords planner, this feature is available in the Google AdWords tool. Through this tool you can calculate the AdWord budget for your campaign.It is better to choose generic keywords which are relevant to your business.  These keywords will help to move traffic to your business and enhance your array of work. If you choose most relevant keywords according to your landing page it will help you to increase the quality score. If you have a good quality score it there are chances to lower your bid rate.

Budget for PPC Campaign

Maximum time people get confused with the budget while plan to start a PPC (Pay Per Click) campaign. There is nothing to worry about the budget, as you can start your advertising from a minimum of $5 as you want to pay for advertising. In AdWords, you can see two options for keywords, bid (keywords, bid defines how much you want to pay for one click), one is manual bidding and the second is automatic bidding. If you are familiar with it and you have a lot of time to handle the campaign, then, it's good to go ahead with manual PPC. In automatic bids there is no need to spend time on the campaign, as Google will automatically adjust your bids on keywords.

How to Set Conversions

Every business needs more and more conversions, when you start your advertising set your conversions target. Through these conversions you can easily calculate the ROI (Return on Invest) which will help you on your campaign success. Set conversions through AdWords and Google Analytic tools, if you set conversions through AdWords, you will eligible for ECPC (Enhanced Cost Per Click) option and for conversions. If you set conversions through Analytic tool, it will help you count conversions as sometimes it comes through paid or organic searches.  

Write Quality Ads

Ad writing is the most effective ways to get more conversions. When you start writing ads keep a note of the Google ads writing policy. Ads should be more attractive, and promotional so that it attracts users to visit your website for services. As ads have less character limits hence words have to be limited and it is important that keywords are stuffed in the ads. If users enter the query in Google, which you have targeted and stuff in the Ad title, so here your Ads will appear in bold which will help users to attract your ads. Be careful when you write ads as they play a vital role in AdWord Ads and bringing in more traffic.

I hope this article will help you to understand the basics of Google AdWords, Keywords, Budget, Conversions and Ads Writing etc.. I have mentioned some hyper-links above that have a detailed explanation about the PPC campaign.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roshan Chauhan
November 2015

Re: Basic Concepts of Google AdWords

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Great article Roshan!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roshan Chauhan
November 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Great article Roshan!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @KathleenG Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Roshan,

We need to also look at negatives along with keyword research. There is a complete different research and setup approach for adding negatives to account. We might have negatives which can be added to all campaigns say at the account level from the shared library. Again we might have negatives to stop cross triggering amongst campaigns. Then we might have adgroup level negatives to stop cross triggering amongst adgroups in the same campaign.

PS. Note - Cross triggering amongst campaigns or adgroups denotes to keywords in them.

We can research negatives from the keyword tool and also we need to decide which negative keyword match type is perfect for every keyword?

We also need to discuss in detail on types of account structures which advanced marketeers prefer.

Let me know what do you think?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Chetan,

I have describe very basic steps of AdWords in above article. In my next article I'll explain each and everything about Keywords research. Smiley Happy

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently started learning Google Adwords,  this article help me a lot in learning adwords.Thanks Roshan ! 

Basic Concepts of Google AdWords

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Your welcome Zakir Smiley Happy