Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Basic AdWords Account Review Structure

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

I read a post by llyons26 with a 5 step checklist on improving your campaigns and thought I'd add this simple flowchart that can be used to help with the process.

It doesn't detail all features in AdWords but it covers the basics pretty well.

The image file can be found here

Basic AdWords Review Structure

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Basic AdWords Account Review Structure

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Very nice work!!! I would sugget that you turn this into a Wiki so we can all easily find and share this.

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Awesome! Smiley Happy  I second Tom's suggestion!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Great work Smiley Happy would definitely help to the new learners..

shazen 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

purefuzz;

This is indeed a very nice job;

Could you provide a link for a printable version?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Excellent flowchart. Always make it easier to have a process to follow! Thanks for sharing this with the AdWords community. Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey All,

I converted this to PDF for download.  Basic-AdWords-Account-Review-Structure.pdf

@Adam, feel free to download/save and add to your Wiki (I didn't see it before I posted this here).  If you don't have a web server to host the file, you can leave it where it is and use this link:  http://tewtone.net/Basic-AdWords-Account-Review-Structure.pdf  

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Excellent. Thanks Tom! 

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

This is fantastic, really nice work! I would recommend that new advertisers use this after they complete the 5 step process as conversion tracking is often seen as a more advanced feature and the checklist is aimed at users who have never had an AdWords campaign before. 

That being said, conversion tracking is an amazing free feature and I would urge new advertisers to take some time to set it up after they've completed basic optimization. Conversion tracking allows you to track specific actions a user can take after they've clicked on your ad. It's completely up to the advertiser - it can be purchasing an item, requesting more information or signing up to a newsletter!

You simple add a small piece of HTML code to the web page you want to track. Usually, this is a page like a "Thank you" page or "We have received yoru request page" that users would see after they have completed the transaction you want them to make. You can get the snippet of code which you need to add from your AdWords account. For more information on how to set this up, I would recommend reading more on how to set up conversion tracking.

Thanks again purefuzz for the great chart! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Adam, I must say this is superb Smiley Happy

An ideal way to memorize the basic structure, when we are trying to go complex.

Pankaj