AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Balancing Budgets and Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am doing the advertising for a small church...

How can we get the best exposure with $20 a week (our budget right now)?  Or is this just enought to get results on google....should still to Facebook which gets a good exposure?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Balancing Budgets and Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Diane, welcome to the Community.

Advertising on a small budget is always going to be tough.  The key problem is that when your budget is very small your Ads can only be shown very rarely which means there's a good chance they'll never be shown to people who may respond.  The more Keywords you have the bigger the problem becomes because each Keyword wants a piece of the pie.

There's a couple of things you could consider.  Firstly, rather than trying to spend $20 a week you could just advertise one day per week and allocate the whole $20 for that day.  Depending upon how much you actually spend you may be able to make it two days a week - you'll need to test.  Alternatively you could advertise every day but only for a limited number of hours.  Both these options can be set by using Ad Scheduling (link below).

However, if you get a good response from Facebook and believe the money would be better spent there, then that's a wise choice; it's really down to experimentation.

More about Ad Scheduling.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Balancing Budgets and Keywords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Diane G,

If you're just looking for exposure, consider the Display Network. Clicks are cheap and you get lots of impressions. Look at geo-targeting, also.

$20 a week is $3.00 a day. That's not much. But I do get a good number of impressions and clicks out of a $5 a day budget.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords