Guide Me
star_border

Avg. session duration 1 sec.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I am currently working on a remarketing campaign which I am monitoring both in AdWords and in Analytics. The campaign has only been running for a few days and our purpose is lead generation, so we are not expecting visitors to browse around too much.

We have had 47 clicks on a certain ad, leading to 47 visits on our specified landing page. Now, the problem is that the average session duration, as seen in Analytics, is of 1 second. 

I have already read previous discussions on "avg. session duration" being 0, but I am still confused on how this works, given that our recorded "avg. session duration" is 1. How could we get this result?

Moreover, is there a way of (or a metric) telling what the actual time spent on the landing page is?

Many thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Corina,

The 'Average Session Duration' is the actual time spent on the landing page.

It takes the Session Duration of every person who hit your site, adds them all together and then divides it by the amount of people there were.

Hope this helps,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matthew, 

Thanks for your answer! That does make sense.

But does this also include bounces? I am still a bit unsure on how bounces are recorded and if time on site for one-page hits are recorded in Analytics. 

Thanks again, 

Corina