3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Avg cpc 0,21 eur. for a campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Average cpc 0,21 euros for a campaign? Is that OK or I need to fix something? I am a newbie, as you can guess...Woman Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elefteria M
September 2015

Re: Avg cpc 0,21 eur. for a campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Elefteria,

CPC can range from anything from a few cents to tens of euros - 10'15 euros is not uncommon for some of the more competitive and high value sectors - but in truth, it is not what the click costs that is important - it is what it is worth to you - after all, would you pay €100 for a click if you knew you would make €200 every time - my guess is yes....

Make sure that you are converting your visitors at a rate that makes 21 cents profitable for you - if that's not happening, then you need to fix something.

And once you are profitable at 21 cents do two things at once - try and improve your quality scores to reduce the cost per click, and try and optimize your website to improve the conversions and, thereby make more conversions for your ad spend.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elefteria M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Elefteria,

CPC can range from anything from a few cents to tens of euros - 10'15 euros is not uncommon for some of the more competitive and high value sectors - but in truth, it is not what the click costs that is important - it is what it is worth to you - after all, would you pay €100 for a click if you knew you would make €200 every time - my guess is yes....

Make sure that you are converting your visitors at a rate that makes 21 cents profitable for you - if that's not happening, then you need to fix something.

And once you are profitable at 21 cents do two things at once - try and improve your quality scores to reduce the cost per click, and try and optimize your website to improve the conversions and, thereby make more conversions for your ad spend.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
To add to Steve's great answer, below are a couple of links for new AdWords advertisers.

Also, inside of your AdWords Account you can see your Estimated First Page Bid and Estimated Top of Page Bid - this can perhaps help tell you if you have room to decrease your Bids over time.

First Page & Top of Page Bid Estimates - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/105665?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742?hl=en

AdWords Step by Step Guide - www.google.com/adwords/pdf/step_by_step.pdf
Growing AdWords - www.google.com/adwords/pdf/hc/growing_adwords_en.pdf

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Guys thank you so much for your replies!