4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Average Monthly Cost for Advertising

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What can I expect for average costs in advertising to promote my site? I just started so I am not sure if it costs more in the beginning or not. Also, is this the only way to advertise my site? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Average Monthly Cost for Advertising

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

What it costs is up to you to decide--you set your own spending budget for AdWords. (You set a daily spending cap for your campaign and it's multiplied by 30.4 to "cap" your monthly spend.

There are a number of ways to advertise a website, including search engine optimization (SEO) to improve organic listings, focusing on social media engagement, or using pay-per-click through Google AdWords or through another search engine. Which you select depends on what you're trying to accomplish--I'm afraid I can't be more specific than that. (For what it's worth, most companies use some combination of these approaches, depending on their available time, expertise, and funding.)

If you would like to look into AdWords more closely, I recommend that you review the AdWords Help Center information, to get familiar with the program and how it works. If you have specific questions, you can post them  here.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There are no "rate cards" in keyword advertising. You determine your monthly budget and Google will not exceed it, if you set up everything correctly. Geography, competition and other factors will determine how long your ad investment lasts.

Every advertiser has different budgets and needs. I run campaigns for different lawyers and they all have different budgets. For example, a divorce attorney in Atlanta may have a $5000 monthly budget while a divorce attorney in Macon may only need to spend $1500. Some cities are just more expensive because there are more advertisers bidding up the cost of keywords.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Matthew,

It completely depends on you. It may be varied as per your objective. As it seems that you wish to advertise for branding than generating leads. In this case, you may opt for CPM model to decide your advertising budget. Google AdWords is an ideal way to advertise for both new and seasoned marketers. You may find more information on bidding here -- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725

I hope this helps.
Kapil M