AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Automatics placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Though i have set everything rightly but the automatic placements is activated.its almost 9days i have created the campaigns but for this i am getting very few clicks in that camapaign.Please suggest

2 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mukut
September 2015

Re: Automatics placement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello mukut,

There could be many reasons for less clicks initially...

1. It depends upon what kind of settings you have applied inside your Display Campaign. Whether you are trying to get traffic only through Automatic placements or have some managed placements as well.

2. Try to look for your keywords which you have included (if they are) and there might be a possibility to increase their bidding so that your ad competes more in the auction and is displayed more often.

3. You might consider using the Contextual Tool for more theme based ad groups in order to generate more traffic.

4. You could also change the display targeting settings at ad group level and try to include topics as well related to services you are into.

You can read this article for more details.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello ;

I will just add briefly to Pankaj's answer :

IF you set your campaign before September,  make sure that  on campaign settings you selected "broad reach", and  added Keywords for contextual targeting.

Check this article: 

How Display Network reach settings affect where ads appear:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I will suggest you to include keywords also at the ad group level so that Adwords could contextually match the keywords with the automatic placements available on Google Display Network based on your products/services. You can use the Contextual targeting tool which I linked in my prior post. For contextual targeting, read more in this reference.

I am not sure if you have managed placements also or not. But you might want to include the placments under managed category so that you can bid on them separately and try to gain the momentum in terms of clicks, conversions etc...

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello,

@mukut wrote:

Thanks Pankaj,

I had keywords previously but i called google and then they told me that my targeting is too target to be done automatically,to make it broad i removed the keyword part.

I do have managed placements and whatever clicks and impressions i am getting,i am getting from there,though its very poor.

As I said earlier, low impressions on managed placements could be due to the fact that your bidding is not enough. Increase the bids on your managed placements and then analyze if it makes a difference or not.

Also, there is an order or precedence level for bids which you make on placements, keywords etc... I would also encourage you to read this article so that you make sure that you are bidding in the right order to gain traffic on Google Display Network.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello mukut,

There could be many reasons for less clicks initially...

1. It depends upon what kind of settings you have applied inside your Display Campaign. Whether you are trying to get traffic only through Automatic placements or have some managed placements as well.

2. Try to look for your keywords which you have included (if they are) and there might be a possibility to increase their bidding so that your ad competes more in the auction and is displayed more often.

3. You might consider using the Contextual Tool for more theme based ad groups in order to generate more traffic.

4. You could also change the display targeting settings at ad group level and try to include topics as well related to services you are into.

You can read this article for more details.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello ;

I will just add briefly to Pankaj's answer :

IF you set your campaign before September,  make sure that  on campaign settings you selected "broad reach", and  added Keywords for contextual targeting.

Check this article: 

How Display Network reach settings affect where ads appear:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj for your reply,here are the answers

1.Campaign name  09.Experiment - Broad

Type    Display Network only - All features

Bidding option
Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding

Budget  Rs.1,000.00/day

Delivery method  
Accelerated: Show ads as quickly as reasonably possible

Devices
Computers; Tablets

Locations  
Targeted locations:
Afghanistan (country)
Bangladesh (country)
Sri Lanka (country)
India (country)
Nepal (country)
Pakistan (country)

Languages
English; Hindi

Target
People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location

Start date
Sep 12, 2012
End date

Show ads all days and hours

Ad rotation  
Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks

Automatic campaign optimization
Targeting mode  
Standard: Show ads based on targeting elements such as keywords and placements.

2.I have not added any keywords,only topic is there.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I will suggest you to include keywords also at the ad group level so that Adwords could contextually match the keywords with the automatic placements available on Google Display Network based on your products/services. You can use the Contextual targeting tool which I linked in my prior post. For contextual targeting, read more in this reference.

I am not sure if you have managed placements also or not. But you might want to include the placments under managed category so that you can bid on them separately and try to gain the momentum in terms of clicks, conversions etc...

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj,

I had keywords previously but i called google and then they told me that my targeting is too target to be done automatically,to make it broad i removed the keyword part.

I do have managed placements and whatever clicks and impressions i am getting,i am getting from there,though its very poor.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello,

@mukut wrote:

Thanks Pankaj,

As I said earlier, low impressions on managed placements could be due to the fact that your bidding is not enough. Increase the bids on your managed placements and then analyze if it makes a difference or not.

Also, there is an order or precedence level for bids which you make on placements, keywords etc... I would also encourage you to read this article so that you make sure that you are bidding in the right order to gain traffic on Google Display Network.

Pankaj