AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have some inquires regards to automatic bidding, currently, i'm running on automatic bidding as previously when i started to use manual bidding, somedays I did not log into make changes to the CPC, my ads will not shown up due to the the CPC is below the 1st page bid.

I been seeing many people talking about cost saving and effectiveness, is it really effective to use manual as sometimes when i don't log in often, my keywords are not up due to the cpc below 1st page bid. 

For manual bidding users, what's your suggestion is this?

Another thing is that, since I'm on automatic bidding and it cost is determined by the budget set for however, I like to increase the auto CPC apart from increasing my budget is the other way as I wish to increase my ranking.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author E Magical M
September 2015

Re: Automatic bidding

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi E Magical,

By optimize your campaigns I meant adjusting your bids according to performing positions (ad ranks). You can do a comparison between the present avg position that you see against a keyword and the performing ad position from the past. ( You can choose a suitable date range, 3/6 months, weeks, days which ever gives you a good comparison). Using this comparison, you can adjust bids to reach the performing ad position in a bid to emulate a similar performance.

Adding negative keywords & placements is also a good optimization practice. Use the Search Query report to look for any irrelevant queries that triggered your ad and then add them as negatives. Similarly, use the placement report from your Display Campaigns to check for any irrelevant placements and then add them as negatives.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello E Magical,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Here is an excellent article from Wordstream about Automatic Bidding and Manual Bidding. I would highly recommend you to read the same. It will help you to a great extent.
http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/11/11/never-use-automatic-bidding-in-adwords

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi E Magical,

I have always been in favor of Manual bidding as against Automatic bidding. Manual Bidding gives us more control over how to run our campaigns. And as you mentioned, you want to rank higher, this is possible with Manual bidding where with a little effort, you can push the cpc's for your keywords and achieve this.

If you do not log into your account every day, I suggest you can optimize your campaigns every 2 days to ensure there is no drop in performance for any reason.

Also, you can use automated rules and scripts to increase or modify bids based on certain conditions if you are using Manual bidding. You can read more about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,

Thank you for your reply. As mentioned, optimize my campaigns which means by increasing the bids, increase negative keywords, etc?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author E Magical M
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi E Magical,

By optimize your campaigns I meant adjusting your bids according to performing positions (ad ranks). You can do a comparison between the present avg position that you see against a keyword and the performing ad position from the past. ( You can choose a suitable date range, 3/6 months, weeks, days which ever gives you a good comparison). Using this comparison, you can adjust bids to reach the performing ad position in a bid to emulate a similar performance.

Adding negative keywords & placements is also a good optimization practice. Use the Search Query report to look for any irrelevant queries that triggered your ad and then add them as negatives. Similarly, use the placement report from your Display Campaigns to check for any irrelevant placements and then add them as negatives.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Shashank! Smiley Happy I will take up your advice.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
You are most welcome E Magical!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,