AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Automatic and managed placement in the same campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I just started on Adwords and I saw a campaign with both managed and automatic placements.

How can that be ?

Does that mean that only the managed placement are being shown ?

Thanks all for your help!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Camille F
September 2015

Re: Automatic and managed placement in the same campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Managed placements are those placements which you manually add them so that AdWords system tries to showcase your ads on those particular placements apart from the automatic placements.

So in your case, chances are that the managed placements were added in the past and the automatic ones are default picked up depending upon your keywords and other settings.

In case you want to show your ads only on the Managed placements, you can pull out that report from your existing campaign and might think of creating a dedicated Managed placements campaign so that your ads are only shown on those placements.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Camille,

Do you mean to say that there are placements in your list of placements which have been manually bid on along with other placements where your ads have showed up on?

If this is the case, these are placements where you are bidding on separately instead of letting them run on the default CPC's assigned to the adgroup. This approach is used when you see potential placements that you wish to push and garner as many conversions as possible from.

I have used a similar approach in my display campaigns and have seen somewhat decent results in terms of conversions.

Hope I have helped cleared your queries here.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Managed placements are those placements which you manually add them so that AdWords system tries to showcase your ads on those particular placements apart from the automatic placements.

So in your case, chances are that the managed placements were added in the past and the automatic ones are default picked up depending upon your keywords and other settings.

In case you want to show your ads only on the Managed placements, you can pull out that report from your existing campaign and might think of creating a dedicated Managed placements campaign so that your ads are only shown on those placements.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Camille,

Do you mean to say that there are placements in your list of placements which have been manually bid on along with other placements where your ads have showed up on?

If this is the case, these are placements where you are bidding on separately instead of letting them run on the default CPC's assigned to the adgroup. This approach is used when you see potential placements that you wish to push and garner as many conversions as possible from.

I have used a similar approach in my display campaigns and have seen somewhat decent results in terms of conversions.

Hope I have helped cleared your queries here.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wanted to make sure that if I have automatic and managed placement in the same adroups, my ads will show up on all of them and not only the managed ones!
Thanks for your help !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks