Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Automated rules

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I need your assistance with the automated rules or other feature that may help me with my issue.

I need to spend $X a day for a few days and I don't want to change my budget settings, I tried to pause all campaign when $X was spend from the whole account with an automated rule but there is no way (or I haven't found one) to give an automated rule to the Total metric, only to a specific campaigns.

one of my options was making all campaigns use a share budget, but again, I don't want to change my budget settings although I can get them back in a minute via Adwords Editor.

Please advice,

- Snir

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automated rules

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Snir, you may not be able to do exactly what you want with Automated Rules but you should be able to achieve it with Scripts.  Scripts can access Campaign cost figures and pause as required so all the elements you'd need could be covered.  This tutorial, although not (I think) exactly what you want shows all the major components of measuring and setting budgets for Campaigns and could be adapted to other purposes.

Can I ask why you don't want to change the daily budget(s)?  It'd be the easiest way to do this.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Jon,

It's a good solution but unfortunately I don't know how to write scripts,
as for the budgets I use a couple of DCO campaigns that although they don't spend the whole budget they need it to function.
If I decrease their budgets they will stop working..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Snir, if you're using DCO, are your Campaigns returning a profit?  If so, why would you want to limit their spend?  If not, why are you continuing to advertise?  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits