AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Automated rules , which entity level to choose ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

Please, regarding automated rules for enhancing ads positions (at a schedule time of the day or week for instance).. Which is the best solution for raising bids on Search  network or Display GDN,  either keyword level with cpc max or adgroup level with percentage ? Maybe both of them  ?
Quite confusing to me.

Tks in advance for your advices..

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: Automated rules , which entity level to choose ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Garguier,

You can set the automted rule to increase the Max CPC based on Avg  thePostions at the both keyword level and Ad Group level. It depends which levels are you using the Bidding.

Let's say if you are using the Default max CPC bid in the Keywords levels in Search campaigns and display campaigns, then you can set the automated Rule at Ad group level.

But if you have enable the Custom Bid at keyword Level in Display campaigns, you can use the Automated rule at the Keyword Level.

Thus, to integrate the Automated Rule depends on which bidding types are you using.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I never use automated rules with Ad Group level bids in Search Campaigns , because each keyword has different Top of Page bid estimates.

What I use is a sequence of daily rules for a selected set of converting keywords , first to lower the bid to a very low amount like 0.02 $ for  then to raise the bid to top of page estimate of the current day ( not the estimate from yesterday) then in the next hour I use a rule to raise the MaxCPC with 30% for those keywords.

This way I obtain the top of page bid + 30% for all of the keywords which have a history of successful conversions. I decide manually what keywords have enough conversions in the last 90 days and are worth including in the "raise bids" rule.

Some keywords may have a MaxCPC 10 times higher than other keywords and for those, an increase with a percentage could impact your budget too much.

For the GDN I prefer to let the Display Campaign Optimiser to configure the bids , since there are no indicators for keywords like the top of page bid. You can use the automated rule to increase MaxCPC in GDN for a keyword if for example CTR is bellow a threshold . Read these about configuring automated rules : link1  and link2

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Garguier,

You can set the automted rule to increase the Max CPC based on Avg  thePostions at the both keyword level and Ad Group level. It depends which levels are you using the Bidding.

Let's say if you are using the Default max CPC bid in the Keywords levels in Search campaigns and display campaigns, then you can set the automated Rule at Ad group level.

But if you have enable the Custom Bid at keyword Level in Display campaigns, you can use the Automated rule at the Keyword Level.

Thus, to integrate the Automated Rule depends on which bidding types are you using.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I never use automated rules with Ad Group level bids in Search Campaigns , because each keyword has different Top of Page bid estimates.

What I use is a sequence of daily rules for a selected set of converting keywords , first to lower the bid to a very low amount like 0.02 $ for  then to raise the bid to top of page estimate of the current day ( not the estimate from yesterday) then in the next hour I use a rule to raise the MaxCPC with 30% for those keywords.

This way I obtain the top of page bid + 30% for all of the keywords which have a history of successful conversions. I decide manually what keywords have enough conversions in the last 90 days and are worth including in the "raise bids" rule.

Some keywords may have a MaxCPC 10 times higher than other keywords and for those, an increase with a percentage could impact your budget too much.

For the GDN I prefer to let the Display Campaign Optimiser to configure the bids , since there are no indicators for keywords like the top of page bid. You can use the automated rule to increase MaxCPC in GDN for a keyword if for example CTR is bellow a threshold . Read these about configuring automated rules : link1  and link2