AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Automated Rules Suggestion

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I want to run an automated to reduce my clicks per day(after it reaches to 60 or 65) Iam not consern about conversion at this point. This the setting I have chossen please let me know if it's right or wrong.

Decreese bid by 30%

Requirment clicks >=65

Frequency: daily @ 4PM Using Data from same day

Please tell me if this is right?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bubble
September 2015

Re: Automated Rules Suggestion

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The number of clicks when the rule will run at 16:00 will not be the real number at that hour, it will be probably the number of clicks from h 13:00.

This page teaches us about the delays : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

"In most cases, your account statistics (such as clicks, conversions and impressions) are delayed by less than three hours. For example, the total of all clicks received by 6 p.m. on Friday will be available by 9 p.m."

My advice would be to create more such rules for different hours , using the data from the same day. The automated rules do not have unfortunately an option for recurrence , that is to set 1 rule to repeat itself severel times per day. 

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bubble

It seems to be correct.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello, Bubble.

It appears to be right. You can also preview your rules, to see what changes would be triggered should you choose to run them, just for extra safety.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"Using Data from same day" ? What about the delays in the interface ?

What happens if this rule keeps keywords running and the condition is met at h 17:00 ? For example at 16:00 it records 64 clicks and at 17:00 the interface is refreshed with data and you see 80 clicks ?

Wouldn't you like to have another rule to check also for the click volume at 17:00 and at the next hours ?

At what level do you set this rule , campaign, ad group, keyword ?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@ Adrian B , I run this at the campaign level for all enabled KWs. So what do you suggests Should I use data from previous day? or anything else?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bubble
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The number of clicks when the rule will run at 16:00 will not be the real number at that hour, it will be probably the number of clicks from h 13:00.

This page teaches us about the delays : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

"In most cases, your account statistics (such as clicks, conversions and impressions) are delayed by less than three hours. For example, the total of all clicks received by 6 p.m. on Friday will be available by 9 p.m."

My advice would be to create more such rules for different hours , using the data from the same day. The automated rules do not have unfortunately an option for recurrence , that is to set 1 rule to repeat itself severel times per day. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks all for your support