Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Automate Shared Budgets?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to manage the new shared budgets feature using automated rules?

We are currently raising our daily budgets on days of the week with better conversion rates and lowering our daily budgets on days of the week with lower conversion rates. This lets us spend more of our money on the days we're more popular while still maintaining a presence throughout the week.

When I preview the rules they look like they're going to work, but then I get errors when the rules actually run.

Also, is there a way to edit the 'selected campaigns' in my existing rules? I'd like to remove the campaigns we've shifted to shared budgets. As far as I see it looks like I have to compeltely recreate the rules from scratch if I want to have them apply to different campaigns - I can't find any way to remove campaigns from the list.

Thank you,

Jason

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Automate Shared Budgets?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum.  Have you played around with the Scripting feature?  It's next to the Automated Rules under "Bulk Actions" (or similar).

I recently wrote a script to set budgets across multiple campaigns based upon a percentage share.  It should be reasonably easy to edit this script to do what you're after - with a working knowledge of JavaScript that is!

Take a look at the script I wrote and see if it might be helpful.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no script on the link....

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.