star_border

Audience Membership Duration

JM5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
JM5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

For some reason I'm unable to change the membership duration of my audience within Google Adwords. 

This page suggests that all I need to do is to simply click on the duration and then make the update:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?ctx=tltp&rd=1#membership

However when I click, it's not updateable. In some of my other accounts I can do this.

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 11.51.23 AM.png

Am I missing something incredible obvious? Is there another way to edit the audience tag properties? Or is this a bug in my account?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

J

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM5
September 2015

Re: Audience Membership Duration

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The only audience that cannot change duration is that imported from analytics.

I find the audience type that you have very interesting it says "automatic" while I do not have any automatic and the info bubble only explains 3 types of audiences "tag based" , "rule based" and "combination". I suspect 2 causes for this 

1) The audience is imported from analytics

2) It has something to do about how the audience was created and the type of it "automatic"

This is from the "Type" info bubble :

types-of-audiences.png

The red rectangle audience cannot have a modified duration because it is from analytics .

this-cannot-change-duration.png

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Did you "mark" the check box on the left?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

JM5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
JM5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes and unfortunately still not able to change (thanks for the reply though - was going to face-palm if that was the solution!).
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM5
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The only audience that cannot change duration is that imported from analytics.

I find the audience type that you have very interesting it says "automatic" while I do not have any automatic and the info bubble only explains 3 types of audiences "tag based" , "rule based" and "combination". I suspect 2 causes for this 

1) The audience is imported from analytics

2) It has something to do about how the audience was created and the type of it "automatic"

This is from the "Type" info bubble :

types-of-audiences.png

The red rectangle audience cannot have a modified duration because it is from analytics .

this-cannot-change-duration.png

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Ohhh.. Adrian is correct ; I also don't have any "automatic type"... I'll will have in-depth look into that later
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’