1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Auction Insights - Search Impression Share

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to Get the Auction Insights - Search Impression Share from adwords ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Auction Insights - Search Impression Share

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rahul,

Welcome to Adwords Community !

To check auction insights go to particular campaign or adgroup. In the top click the details button and in the drop down menu you can see Auction insights and select the option All.

To see impressions share go to the option 'column' above the statistic table click 'Customize Column' and select the option 'Impression Share' in competitive metrics.

For more information you can check the following links-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en-GB
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en-GB

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rahul,

If you go to the keyword tab, you can select the keywords that you are interested in reviewing with auction insights (or you can select all keywords). Then select the "details" dropdown (the same as you would use to look at a search term report). You can select "Auction Insights" from there.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i got your point but if i want to see the auction insights for last 2 days of my selected keywords then it will not show nothing ? is there is any specification date range we have to select to see the data

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Interesting, it could be that there isn't enough data. Are you selecting all of your keywords or just a few? What's the total click/impression volume of the keywords you are interested in previewing the auction insights for?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Rahul,

The Auction insights report needs a lot of data to show you stats. It does not generally show up for smaller date ranges.
"The Auction insights report for Search campaigns provides 6 different statistics: impression share, average position, overlap rate, position above rate, top of page rate, and outranking share. You can generate a report for one or more keywords, ad groups, or campaigns (as long as they meet a minimum threshold of activity for the time period selected), and segment results by time and device."
Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Rahul,

I agree with Shweta here, the stats accumulated for your keyword(s)/ theme(s) will not be meeting the minimum threshold of activity for AdWords and which is why you cannot see data in your account.

Also, in my experience, you cannot see Auction Insight reports for the last few days. I have always prepared and sent reports for atleast a weeks time that too only for keywords that have accumulated enough traffic.

Please keep this in mind, when it comes to pulling Auction Insight Reports, you will only find this data for keywords and themes that have accumulated enough traffic and by traffic I meant a considerable amount of clicks & impressions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"