Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Assisted Conversions vs Regular Conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I am creating an Adwords weekly conversions progress report for a client. I also want to add Adwords Assisted Conversions.

Are Paid Search Assisted conversions independent from regular conversions shown in Adwords' conversion tracker? 

Or do both numbers overlap a bit?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2017-05-08 15.41.00.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Re: Assisted Conversions vs Regular Conversions

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Hector C,

Assisted conversions do not count as "additional" conversions in your report. For example, Campaign A displays 6 conversions and 8 assisted conversions....this does not equal 14 conversions. In fact, all 8 assisted conversions could have only helped assist 1 of those 6 conversions (Adwords does not pin point that relation in the reporting). At the end of Campaign A's duration, it only converted 6 times with 8 assisted funnel paths.

The Assisted Conversion reporting can be enabled at the keyword level so you can review the effectiveness of the conversion path at a granular viewpoint.

This article was posted in another forum about this same question. It will give you a further explanation of how Assisted Clicks/Impressions are calculated.

Here is another forum discussion about the same issue: Assisted Conversions

Let me know if this cleared up your questions/concerns?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Re: Assisted Conversions vs Regular Conversions

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Hector C,

Assisted conversions do not count as "additional" conversions in your report. For example, Campaign A displays 6 conversions and 8 assisted conversions....this does not equal 14 conversions. In fact, all 8 assisted conversions could have only helped assist 1 of those 6 conversions (Adwords does not pin point that relation in the reporting). At the end of Campaign A's duration, it only converted 6 times with 8 assisted funnel paths.

The Assisted Conversion reporting can be enabled at the keyword level so you can review the effectiveness of the conversion path at a granular viewpoint.

This article was posted in another forum about this same question. It will give you a further explanation of how Assisted Clicks/Impressions are calculated.

Here is another forum discussion about the same issue: Assisted Conversions

Let me know if this cleared up your questions/concerns?