AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Are there google search result pages that don't display adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sometimes I come across search results and there aren't any advertisements. Is this because no one is bidding on those keywords or does google protect some search results from displaying advertisements?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlorianM
September 2015

Re: Are there google search result pages that don't display adwords?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi FlorianM,

It's not necesarily that no one is advertiving on the keywords, they're bids might just be below Google's set first page bid estimate.

If you add those keywords into your account you might find they would have a high minimum bid. 

This generally happens when ads on these keywords have performed poorly in the past so the min bid is raised to keep poor quality ads away. 

You can read up on First page bid estimates here

I hope this helps clear things up for you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlorianM
September 2015

Re: Are there google search result pages that don't display adwords?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi FlorianM,

It's not necesarily that no one is advertiving on the keywords, they're bids might just be below Google's set first page bid estimate.

If you add those keywords into your account you might find they would have a high minimum bid. 

This generally happens when ads on these keywords have performed poorly in the past so the min bid is raised to keep poor quality ads away. 

You can read up on First page bid estimates here

I hope this helps clear things up for you.