AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Are there any good tactics for reputation management?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For example, adding stop words in a negative list for negative sentiment.

My thinking is that this could stop one of the pitfalls of dynamic keyword insertion by avoiding negative sentiment phrases appearing the the adcopy.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel H
September 2015

Re: Are there any good tactics for reputation management?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Daniel,

DKI works on the mechanism that if you have any set of keywords in your ad group and user searches for that particular keyword on Google, then only it is going to replace the default text with that keyword. Note that it's the keyword (not the search term) is triggered in your ad copy using DKI.

So if I understood your post correctly, whatever the keywords you will use in your ad group, there is a possibility that DKI might show that term replacing the default text. So it's entirely on you what type of keyword you are including in the ad group.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Negative sentiment terms?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Adding negative keywords to block your ads from appearing on unwanted searches is a good strategy, yes.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Daniel,

DKI works on the mechanism that if you have any set of keywords in your ad group and user searches for that particular keyword on Google, then only it is going to replace the default text with that keyword. Note that it's the keyword (not the search term) is triggered in your ad copy using DKI.

So if I understood your post correctly, whatever the keywords you will use in your ad group, there is a possibility that DKI might show that term replacing the default text. So it's entirely on you what type of keyword you are including in the ad group.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, that makes sense. My worry was that the search term rather than the keyword is used in the headline. i.e. "bad xyx" appearing in the adcopy.
That answers the concern about adcopy.

The second part of my question relates to ads appearing for negative search terms. For example the adcopy would be fine but you may not want your ad appearing for searches that contain negative sentiment.
This was why I was thinking for the need for a negative keyword list containing phrase matches on negative sentiment phrases i.e. bad, poor etc.
Has anyone taken this approach before? I know it would not capture all variations depending on how exhasutive the list is but it may cut out the ad appearing for search terms you don't want to associate the brand to.

Negative sentiment terms?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For example you may not want your ad appearing for searches that contain negative sentiment.
This was why I was thinking for the need for a negative keyword list containing phrase matches on negative sentiment phrases i.e. bad, poor etc.
Has anyone taken this approach before?

I know it would not capture all variations depending on how exhasutive the list is but it may cut out the ad appearing for search terms you don't want to associate the brand to.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Negative sentiment terms?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Adding negative keywords to block your ads from appearing on unwanted searches is a good strategy, yes.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*