AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Are squeeze landing pages allowed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are members in a direct selling/home based business Network Marketing company and want to utilize google adwords to generate leads. 

Would a squeeze landing page be allowed?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Are squeeze landing pages allowed?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Niel D

It's good to know that you care to know the policies before getting to start actually. I really appreciate this.

As @pankaj1782 said, a Squeeze page typically means collecting visitors' personal information without giving them any ethical reason for the same. It is definitely not allowed with AdWords. This violation comes under Irresponsible data collection & use

My advice - use a landing page which represents an ethical data collection policy and clearly tells users why would you need users' personal information and what would you do to them. Add value to your page by adding relevant contents that work to convince them to opt for your products/services. 

All the best. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If I am not mistaken here, a squeeze page is something which is meant only to collect personal identifiable information, without any relevant content. If you are thinking about it, I would suggest going through the AdWords Policies because that's not allowed.

Landing page should provide genuine and relevant information and provide more value to the users online.

Read this policy documentation which will give you better insights:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en&rd=1

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Niel D,

Welcome to adwords community, you can promote home based business so easily by Adwords. To know better please read https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2700318?hl=en

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Niel D

It's good to know that you care to know the policies before getting to start actually. I really appreciate this.

As @pankaj1782 said, a Squeeze page typically means collecting visitors' personal information without giving them any ethical reason for the same. It is definitely not allowed with AdWords. This violation comes under Irresponsible data collection & use

My advice - use a landing page which represents an ethical data collection policy and clearly tells users why would you need users' personal information and what would you do to them. Add value to your page by adding relevant contents that work to convince them to opt for your products/services. 

All the best. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.