AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Are my ads showing at the same time?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm running 2 campaigns for 2 psychiatrists within a single account. The doctors are in the same location, targeting the same patients, and in the same time zone.

The keywords and ad groups I've been using so far are almost similar for each of the campaigns.

My question is "Can ads from each of the campaign rank together and side by side for a particular search?"

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No, its not possible from a single account.

There must be separate AdWords accounts.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No, its not possible from a single account.

There must be separate AdWords accounts.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I also have another 2 separate campaigns for two different locations within the same account. So won't they show if one of my ads have already been shown for a single query?

Simply, for a particular search only one of my ads from several campaigns will be shown at one time? Right?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

No they won't show for the same query ,However avoid duplication .

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In this situation, whichever campaign is targeting the location where the search originated will show its ad. Because the campaigns are not targeting the same location, you don't have a situation where multiple campaigns are eligible to enter ads in the same auction.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Mainak,

Do the doctors share an office? If so, one account and only one ad be shown on each SERP.

If the doctors do not share an office, it's better to create an account for each. Be aware things you do to one account will likely negatively impact the other account. For this reason, handling competing accounts is considered a conflict of interest.

If these are client accounts, it's against Google policy to place campaigns for different clients in your own account. Get an MCC account, create separate AW accounts for each of your clients. Give your clients access to their own accounts.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords