AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Are low search volume keywords global, or are they related to country/language targeting?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have different campaigns, each targeting a specific country/language combination.

I'm adding product references as keywords in AdWords; some of these keywords appear in several campaigns at a time.

When I batch-upload my keywords to AdWords (via the API), I then automatically check which ones are "low search volume", and remove them to make room for other keywords (in case you wonder, I have so many references that I have to remove the low search volume keywords).

Now, if a keyword in my "en-US" campaign is classified as low search volume, can I safely assume that it will be the same in my "fr-FR" campaign?

Or is the low search volume classification based on the countries / languages the campaign targets?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Benjamin M
May 2016

Re: Are low search volume keywords global, or are they related to country/language targeting?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Benjamin M;

>>"Or is the low search volume classification based on the countries / languages the campaign targets?

Correct. Low search volume is per keyword-  depending on the language and location targeted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Are low search volume keywords global, or are they related to country/language targeting?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Benjamin,

It depends on your country/language campaign target and also depending on your keyword it's difficult to assume that both campaigns are the same because there is a chance that your keyword might be seasonal or not yet even popular and the traffic of that keyword might increase someday.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Benjamin,

If the keywords in question are long tail terms then maybe but there is no way to judge this without checking for the search volumes across the markets.

Across languages it might not hold true regardless given the way people would search in French, Thai etc would be completely different to English.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Benjamin M
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Benjamin M;

>>"Or is the low search volume classification based on the countries / languages the campaign targets?

Correct. Low search volume is per keyword-  depending on the language and location targeted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’