1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Are $0.01-$0.03 clicks possible nowadays

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Let's say you're bidding in a market with no competition, are $0.01 - $0.03 clicks possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Are $0.01-$0.03 clicks possible nowadays

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Michael,
The Actual CPCs are determined by your Quality Score, Max CPC Bids, etc., so no one can guarantee that you can receive CPCs that efficiently.  I'd suggest you focus on Keywords that are high priority to you, relevant to your business, and have a good chance to lead to a conversion for your business.  That typically is the best approach to AdWords vs trying to figure out what your CPCs might be.  

That being said, I have received CPCs very efficiently recently, although not at $0.01.

Create the best Keyword Lists

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Michal B

It's certainly possible, but I think you'll see better results with a slightly higher bid. At .01-.03 it's going to be a very basic ad with no extensions, and most likely will not serve at the top. I think you'll find at that low of a bid that your impression share will not be that high either.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Michael,
The Actual CPCs are determined by your Quality Score, Max CPC Bids, etc., so no one can guarantee that you can receive CPCs that efficiently.  I'd suggest you focus on Keywords that are high priority to you, relevant to your business, and have a good chance to lead to a conversion for your business.  That typically is the best approach to AdWords vs trying to figure out what your CPCs might be.  

That being said, I have received CPCs very efficiently recently, although not at $0.01.

Create the best Keyword Lists

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
It is possible but it may affect your adrank. If you want to get ROI then you need to bid higher. Also it depends on the Target Location.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It has been 15 years since  the introduction of AdWords. I think there is no single word which hasn't been bid.. In practice, the "actual" bid for a given keyword has gone up during the years and a new "threshold" has been set.

So even if in theory you can bid  that low in practice  you will lose in the auction (even with a high QS).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’