AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Approved Adwords banner dont work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm running adwords text campaign and it works well. Recently I added large rectangle banner, they approved it, but it's not working. I've tried to pause text ads, raise the bid to 200%, but it didn't help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Screenshot_333.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcel S
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marcel S,

I would enable your text ads again and then create a new campaign "Display Network Only" and add your banner ad there. Run both campaigns side by side and you will see performance. Once the ad is working well, you could copy & paste it back to the search with display select campaign, if you want. 

Also, keep in mind that adding only one banner ad size does limit your audience, so you would ideally add in more. 

• Vertical rectangle: 240 x 400
  • Mobile leaderboard: 320 x 50
  • Banner: 468 x 60
  • Leaderboard: 728 x 90
  • Square: 250 x 250
  • Small square: 200 x 200
  • Large rectangle: 336 x 280
  • Inline rectangle: 300 x 250
  • Skyscraper: 120 x 600
  • Wide skyscraper: 160 x 600
  • Half-page: 300 x 600
  • Large leaderboard: 970x90
  • Large mobile banner: 320 x 100
  • Billboard: 970 x 250
  • Portrait: 300 x 1050

I typically like to do A/B testing of my ads by adding two ads that are closely written and running them both for a week or two and auditing which one does the best. I do this with the 300 X 250 ad size in display and then once I have a well-performing ad figured out, I make it for all the other sizes, too.

Ideally, once I have the testing over, I want to end up with three ads in each ad group. For search ads, I like to have two text ads and one banner ad (in all the sizes or at least in the 300 X 250). For Display, I like to have two banners (in all the sizes or at least in the 300 X 250) and one text. Text ads can do very well on the Display Network, so I like to include one. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcel S
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marcel S,

I would enable your text ads again and then create a new campaign "Display Network Only" and add your banner ad there. Run both campaigns side by side and you will see performance. Once the ad is working well, you could copy & paste it back to the search with display select campaign, if you want. 

Also, keep in mind that adding only one banner ad size does limit your audience, so you would ideally add in more. 

• Vertical rectangle: 240 x 400
  • Mobile leaderboard: 320 x 50
  • Banner: 468 x 60
  • Leaderboard: 728 x 90
  • Square: 250 x 250
  • Small square: 200 x 200
  • Large rectangle: 336 x 280
  • Inline rectangle: 300 x 250
  • Skyscraper: 120 x 600
  • Wide skyscraper: 160 x 600
  • Half-page: 300 x 600
  • Large leaderboard: 970x90
  • Large mobile banner: 320 x 100
  • Billboard: 970 x 250
  • Portrait: 300 x 1050

I typically like to do A/B testing of my ads by adding two ads that are closely written and running them both for a week or two and auditing which one does the best. I do this with the 300 X 250 ad size in display and then once I have a well-performing ad figured out, I make it for all the other sizes, too.

Ideally, once I have the testing over, I want to end up with three ads in each ad group. For search ads, I like to have two text ads and one banner ad (in all the sizes or at least in the 300 X 250). For Display, I like to have two banners (in all the sizes or at least in the 300 X 250) and one text. Text ads can do very well on the Display Network, so I like to include one. 

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, James. I created "Display network only" campaign and uploaded 2 banners. Now I see few thousands impressions and some clicks.

One last question: When my banner will display on google partners sites, is it possible to find out which sites displays my ads? 

Thank you very much!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Marcel S,

You are very welcome and I am pleased to hear of those impressions and clicks. 

When you visit your AdWords account, look on the tabs towards the left hand side for Display Network. From here, you will really enjoy a lot of data about your performance, including "placements" which is where your ads were shown on. Be sure to take a look at all of the metrics within the Display Networks tab, as it is useful and fun to review.

Kind Regards,

James