AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

App Install Ad on Search Network not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used the keyword Ad Preview and Diagnostic Tool to check if my Ads are showing but they are not and this is the error I get:

• Your click-to-download ad isn't supported by the mobile device that requested it.What can I do?

I have tried selecting Mobile Device/Tablet, Android All versions and individual version numbers etc.  But the error is same.
When I click on What can I do? I get a generic page that says I should change my landing page.  ?!

Plzzz Help.  
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: App Install Ad on Search Network not showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi AzTech,

Where your ads are redirecting, are they not redirecting directly to app within Google play or Apple app store?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just created the ad and it only asked me to point to the correct app in the play store. It didn't ask me for any specific url. Once again, I chose search network only, then, mobile app installs. Then pointed to my app. No url was asked, nor can I change any url anywhere, except for custom tracking tags but that is advanced and irrelevant to my problem. I then added a few keywords and then the ad got approved etc. But my ads not showing when tested with ad preview tool. Thanks for your reply.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi AzTech, how are things?

App install campaigns are fairly new on Adwords, and if you have tested the Ad Preview for several types of devices, it might be some bug on the tool.

Although it's not working on the Ad Preview, have you received any Impressions/Clicks on your campaigns? That could confirm that the campaign is running.

I recommend for you to call support though, and see what's going on. Here it goes:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click