Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Any Delay in clicks Today?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hello All,

Is anyone seeing 0 clicks with 1000's of impressions all of sudden for any campaign today? Is there any delay from adwords system?

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Any Delay in clicks Today?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
It was delay with reporting only. As now I can see clicks!!
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Neha, I rarely trust data for "today" - I've seen some strange stuff.  There's a reason why Analytics defaults to showing data only up to yesterday Smiley Happy

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

What happens to visits in analytics that are from invalid clicks in adwords, they still show up in analytics but there is no way to see if the visits were selected by adwords as "invalid clicks" ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I'd assume they're removed when they're "marked" in AdWords - again, another reason not to trust very recent data. However, I don't know for sure so I'll try and get an informed answer.

Jon
AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I just checked a campaign which got 18 invalid clicks vs. 22 valid clicks on June 24 2013 and the visits in analytics are the same 22 , so they got removed. I think they had a 3 days delay because at that time I had 40 (corrected from 50 ) visits in analytics while in adwords I was seeing alread invalid clicks after a few hours.

It would have been be interesting to see a special tab with invalid clicks in analytics, at least to see what network they are from and what city.