Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Antivirus Product Advertisement

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i want to run an antivirus product. so my question is can i use brand names like norton,mcafee, avg keywords for promotion. Because my product is new &; no one knows about this.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Antivirus Product Advertisement

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Ayush,

Google does not monitor the use of trademarked terms as keywords, however you'll want to review the Trademark policy if you are going to use these terms in your ad copy.

If you use Trademarked term X in your ad, you'll need to make sure you are either a re-seller of term X or you are an informational site of term X.

Please review the full policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ayush,

Yes, you can use trademarked terms as keywords. Of course there are certain restriction on using them in Ad text. Please refer the following Adwords Trademark Policy for more information.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Definitely use competitor brand names! This is a great strategy.

You can also use those domains in KeywordSpy to give you an idea of other terms to bid on. Use the quantitative data loosely. But, it is great to give you a jumping point.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Ayush,

Google does not monitor the use of trademarked terms as keywords, however you'll want to review the Trademark policy if you are going to use these terms in your ad copy.

If you use Trademarked term X in your ad, you'll need to make sure you are either a re-seller of term X or you are an informational site of term X.

Please review the full policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Kathleen