Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Animated banners

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I recently created a Google Adwords campaign and used animated gifs with infinite looping.

However, I noticed that after 30 seconds, the loop stops and my advert becomes static again BUT for another Google Advert on the same page, it continues to loop!

I was just wondering why some adverts become static after the said 30 seconds and others don't! Is it a question of format?

Please advise...

Re: Animated banners

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Marie,

Please go through below threads replied by @Jon_Gritton about why .GIF Ads stop after 30 seconds.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Can-animated-GIF-and-Flash-adve...

GIF Animation length and speed details:-

Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter
Animations can be looped, but the animations must stop after 30 seconds
Animated GIF ads must be slower than 5 FPS

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Anand,

Thanks for replying. I had a look at the link and it is quite clear for the duration of the gif's looping.

I just can't understand how another Google Advert (placed next to mine) is still dynamic after more than 30 seconds, while mine is forced to stop... Do you think it is another type of advert? I think it is not a gif or swf... Do you have any idea of what it could be?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Marie,

Could you please share the screenshot and you can also show those ads to your designer he will confirm you.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screenshot 1.JPGScreenshot 2.JPGScreenshot 3.JPGScreenshot 4.JPG

Have a look at the above screenshots. My ad is outlined in yellow and stays static after 30 seconds. The other ad (outlined in red) continues to be animated while mine stays static...

It is definitely not a gif since when I try to open image in a new tab it opens a jpeg single image, and so on... It is as if the file had been worked in different layers! It's just a mystery for me! Smiley Wink

A friend of mine told me that it may be using javascript or something like that. I admit that I am quite new to Google Ads so may be it is another technique used rather than simple Display Ads.

Any idea?