2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Angie's List in ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up an account for a client who relies on Angie's List for most of his business. He wins a lot of AL awards and has permission to use them in his advertising. But Google keeps rejecting ads because they say Angie's List. Without the mention of AL, the ads are useless to my client.

What should I do?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Angie's List in ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dianne,

I would advice you to go through this resource Google link:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?expand=auth#auth

Quoted text from above help center link:
For advertisers: Please contact the trademark owner directly and ask that they fill out the form mentioned below to authorize your account. If you don't know who to contact, request contact information and we'll help you find the trademark's owner. Google cannot arrange the authorization for you.

hope this helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dianne,

I would advice you to go through this resource Google link:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?expand=auth#auth

Quoted text from above help center link:
For advertisers: Please contact the trademark owner directly and ask that they fill out the form mentioned below to authorize your account. If you don't know who to contact, request contact information and we'll help you find the trademark's owner. Google cannot arrange the authorization for you.

hope this helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for this. I will try, but getting this all the way up the chain to Angie herself (who is probably the owner of the trademark) is going to be all but impossible. None of the people I work with at AL will say they own the trademark and can give permission to use it. So the result is more than likely going to be pulling the ads from Google and trying to find another way. Too bad.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Angies List is very specific - and very restrictive - on how you use the awards info - review http://content.angieslist.com/company/images/sp/BrandGuidelines.pdf. However, nothing prevents you from using the AL award on your own site and then using a Adwords sitelink extension linking to your "Awards and Testimonials" page.