AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Analyzing Ad Clicks & Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Pros!

I am having an issue analyzing the difference between my ad perfromance from last year compared to this year. Here's my issue:

I have a very seasonal business where the Fall is the busiest. Therefore, I compare my data to previous year's months when I was busy.

My ads are recieving a bit more impressions this season compared to last, but I'm not recieving the same amount of clicks. My avg. position is still the same. HELP!?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analyzing Ad Clicks & Impressions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning - 

What you describe is what I call "seasonality" and you're a wise advertiser to pay attention to it. Smiley Happy  

If your ads are receiving similar numbers of impressions as they did last year, then that means that search traffic for your product/service is probably at about the same level, which is good, and an indicator of a healthy industry. 

That your ads are not receiving the same number of clicks is, maybe, not surprising. Ad messaging has to be "freshened up" sometimes. How often are you writing new ad variations and testing different messaging?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Analyzing Ad Clicks & Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for responding!

I try new variations of ads every so often. I give them a few weeks to trial and then decide if they have a good enough CTR to keep or not. Would you suggest I try making more ads? Does it take a couple weeks for the ad to gain credibility?