AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics not working with Adwords. Keywords "(not set)".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd love to be able to get data behind what keywords my ads are triggering and if i need to ad some to negatives.

But analytics doesn't show me anything. It just stays "(not set)". I've read that i need to go into adwords->admin and link them. I did this a long time ago, and it's still "(not set)".

I use .htaccess to redirect www to non-www to fix canonical issues and index.html to non-index.html. That's about it. All my ads go to the non-www url anyway so they shouildn't be getting redirected by anything.

I'm missing lots of important information and im not sure how to get it to work Smiley Sad

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics not working with Adwords. Keywords "(not set)".

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mikeads,

If your concern is to just see keywords that triggered your ads with the purpose of adding the negatives... use the search terms report in AdWords. Details here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472708

Are you sure you have linked your analytics account correctly? is your autotagging checked? Please could you verify your linking: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
You can also get the information you´re looking for by running a "search terms"-report.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mikeads66,

If a redirect is indeed happening, be sure to include the entire query string in the redirect.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords