AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

An Image Ad is cheaper or more expensive than a text ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An Image Ad is cheaper or more expensive than a text ad?  I have created campaigns with text ads, but never with an image ad...so I wanted to know. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elefteria M
September 2015

Re: An Image Ad is cheaper or more expensive than a text ad?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Elefteria,

That is a very nice question. The short and sweet answer is neither or it depends.

I have campaigns where the text display campaigns are running at a cheaper CPC, and then I have campaigns where the opposite is true for some banner campaigns versus their counter parts.

At the end of the day, banner ads and text ads are eligible for different placements and it thus becomes hard to compare their CPC's with confidence. There are many variable factors that could make text ads cheaper in your case or banner ads cheaper.

I would suggest reading the following link to familiarise yourself with display optimisation:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

That being said, banner ads are usually more expensive to create, as it take s a certain level of expertise to create great looking banner ads. There is a tool in adwords to help with this function, but then an automated toll for banner creation has many limitations on creative influence.

In this case I would suggest adopting the old adage of ABT, always be testing and find out what works best for you!

Good Luck