Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Agency has AdWords, Client has Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We're managing a campaign for a client who has Google Analytics set up but not AdWords. They can't create an AdWords account because of strict company rules - all financial aspects of their digital campaign should be on the agency's side. We want to connect the AdWords account we use for their campaign to their Analytics, in order to properly gauge the performance of this specific campaign.

Can we do that? Or should we set up a new Analytics account for them and use that to connect to AdWords?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

If they have Analytics already set up... by all means connect AdWords to that account and utilize the data.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James,

Forgive me for the ignorance, but based on Support Articles on AdWords I've seen, connecting can only be done if the owner of Analytics and AdWords are the same account. Is there a link that shows how we can connect OUR Adwords to THEIR Analytics?

Thank you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rose A
3w

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Rose,

No problem at all. 

All you have to do is use this information to add the same email address that is on the AdWords account to the existing Analytics account. Now the two can be linked and you can use the data to empower the AdWords actions and the client can retain ownership of the Analytics account. 

If you cannot be added to the Analytics account, you cannot link to it. Yet if you cannot link to it and create a new Analytics account, I assume you cannot add the Analytics code to the website's coding, which pretty much defeats the purpose of creating a new Analytics account.

Kind Regards,

James

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, James!