AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Agency does not give the log in for our adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our advertising agency does not want to give us the log in for our adwords, site re-targeting and analytics accounts???? Can i create new account ???? for same website ????? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Agency does not give the log in for our adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Raj, I would certainly advise that you - or anyone in the same situation - seek either to create their own Accounts or move to an agency that will assist you in doing so.  Clients should always at the very least have full and unrestricted access to their AdWords Accounts and other Google properties associated with their business.  Ideally, those properties should be owned by the client with agencies and consultants being granted access at an appropriate level.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
What is the reason? Isn't it YOUR account?
Technically speaking, you are NOT allowed to have another account for the same business. However, in practice, if the other account is NOT active, the system would not trigger a violation. (But, make sure that the agency really pauses your campaign. )
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Raj,

First, I cannot stress enough what Jon and Moshe both stated.

A couple of quick questions for you? Who pays Google for the AdWords spend? You or the agency? If it is you, and your information is listed under billing information then Google will consider you the owner of the account. Call AdWords support at 866-246-6453 and they MAY be able to assist you in taking full ownership. (NOTE: Depends on a lot of different situations though as to what they can do. Often times it is just better to go with a new agency and open a new account that you own.) 

Second, are they a Google Partner? Not very likely if they are treating you like that but in the off chance they are, use Partner Search and do a search by their name to find their profile. There will be a link down at the bottom where you can then file a complaint against them.

Then, while you are there in Google Partner search, find you a new agency to work with. I am sure there is one in your area.