AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads are approved, ad group is eligible. It's been 24 hours since my ads have been approved but there is not a even a single impression. ads are display network only and for a managed placement(3 specific website for ad placement). my daily budget is way higher than the avg cpc (automatic). why there are no impressions?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hassan
Great question.

There's a couple of reasons why this might happen. The first is that many large advertisers have the option to approve managed placement ads before they go live on their site. I know a lot of national newspapers do it here. They do this so that they can sell direct at the higher CPM rates and it means that the advertiser cannot circumvent those higher rates by going with the backfill through AdWords.

Another reason why this may happen is the creative that you're using. Publishers have the option to select which ad units and creative types they display. If you don't have those units, they wont show.

Hope that sheds some light.

Re: Adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Hassan,

Targeting only 3 specific websites may be to narrow of a target. There's are a few things to look at, as Dave has suggested.

First, make sure your image ads are in sizes accepted by those websites. Second, your image ads take up more than one unit of ad space, so you need to bid accordingly. One ad unit is the size of a text ad. Just as an example, if your bid of $.50 on your text ads gets impressions, you may need to bid up to $2.00 for an image ad that occupies 4 ad units. I usually try to organize ad groups for the DN by the number of ad units the images occupy so I can control the bids on an ad level. Additionally, it's usually recommended to include a text ad group as a fall back in case your image ads aren't placed.

Another thing to keep in mind, the stats aren't exactly real time. Do you have any impressions today?

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords