2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords thinks I'm in England

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I tried uploading a screenshot for this, but neither png nor gif format seems to work here.  

Ad Preview & Diagnosis

Fast Growing Poplar

Domain www.google.ca  (that's CANADA)

Language Engllish

Showing ads right now?

Yes

Your ad is showing for the keyword fast growing poplar ( Seedings 2014 > Deciduous Trees )

Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: Poplar, England, United Kingdom  

I don't want my ads showing in England.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Adwords thinks I'm in England

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Sherwood.

Here's a link describing how AdWords targeting works: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Just make sure to target people "in your location", not "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location", which is the default.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sherwood B
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Not the answer.  That had already been done.

It was all for ONE ad too. 

Turns out that there is a neighborhood in England called 'Poplar'  and my ad was for poplar trees, so I was advertising for

Poplar (class of tree) trees,  location: alberta

and getting hits for  trees, location: Poplar england.

I have since nailed down my locations, blocking people from outside, looking at my locations, and indeed setting a nested set of locations that pay full rates for 100 miles around my farm, half that for the rest of the province, and 1/4 of that for the province on either side.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Sherwood.

Here's a link describing how AdWords targeting works: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Just make sure to target people "in your location", not "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location", which is the default.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Click the Campaigns tab.
Click the name of the campaign you want to edit.
Click the Settings tab.
Click Location options (advanced).
Click Edit.
Then you can change your advanced location setting from :
"People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location (default)
To:
People in your targeted location

BTW I have also problem with pictures in the community, I can't see any pictures in any threads except if i use proxy i can see the pictures Smiley Very Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sherwood B
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Not the answer.  That had already been done.

It was all for ONE ad too. 

Turns out that there is a neighborhood in England called 'Poplar'  and my ad was for poplar trees, so I was advertising for

Poplar (class of tree) trees,  location: alberta

and getting hits for  trees, location: Poplar england.

I have since nailed down my locations, blocking people from outside, looking at my locations, and indeed setting a nested set of locations that pay full rates for 100 miles around my farm, half that for the rest of the province, and 1/4 of that for the province on either side.