1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords rejects HTML5 ads made with GWD

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Made an ad with GWD, used youtube component, but when trying to upload, adwords rejects the ad saying -  gwd-youtube is not allowed. Anybody has any idea why this happens.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chinmoy S,

The most-likely reason would be that your animation is longer than 30 seconds. Can you expand on what you mean 

1. Read the policy above to learn what we don't allow. Make sure that your image animation isn’t longer than 30 seconds. Shorter animations can loop or repeat, but must stop after 30 seconds.
  2. Edit your ad to make it comply with this policy.
    • On your Ads page, hover over the ad you want to edit.
    • Click the pencil icon next to your ad to edit it.
    • Click Save when you're done.

Once you edit and save your ad, it's sent for review. Most ads are reviewed within 1 business day, though some can take longer if they need a more complex review. If we find that you've correctly edited the ad, we can approve it to start running.

If you aren't able to fix these violations or choose not to, please remove your ad to help prevent your account from becoming suspended in the future for having too many disapproved ads.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Thank you very much for the pointer. However, there was no animation in my ad, just a youtube video with preview time less than 30 seconds. I used gwd-youtube component to play the video, and nothing else. The video starts immediately after the ad loaded, and stops and dissolve around 20 sec, and another static image enters. That's it. There was a small text button 'Play Video', as visitor can play and see the entire video if they like it.

So, I think it's not a case of violating '30 second' time limit.

Please let me know if you have anything in mind.

Thanks,

Chinmoy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here, I am trying to make my question understand better - Is Adwords Display Newtowk supports HTML5 ads that created with GWD and contains gwd-youtube components?

The validator (https://h5validator.appspot.com/adwords) says - "UNSUPPORTED_HTML5_FEATURE: gwd-youtube".

When trying to upload on Adwords, it says - "The ad you uploaded contains HTML5 code that we can not allow in our ads: gwd-youtube. ..."

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chinmoy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello, Chinmoy. Last time I checked, several GWD components, including the YouTube one were only available for the DoubleClick environment, not AdWords.

Later edit: https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/4450409?hl=en

This page lists the only components that work in AdWords. As you can see YouTube is not, (sadly) among them.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have a similar problem, what do you mean by DoubleClick Environment? Is that a completely different service? 

-Alan

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello, Alan. Yes, one can show ads through AdWords and also through DoubleClick (and through other services as well, not owned by Google).

More on it here: https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.