Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords hyper local traffic estimates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to get traffic estimates for 4 specific metros but the searches are being return only with global traffic estimates, am I using the wrong format? or Google can't provide me enough data to create a more granular report?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords hyper local traffic estimates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carlos,

My working assumption is that we are talking about the Traffic Estimator tool. A lack of enough data to create a more granular report can actually be caused by multiple reasons. My best guess is that the Max CPC $ or the Daily Budget $ values you specified are too low. You are advised to make a try with very high numbers first.

There might also be other reasons for which you can't find a remedy. Such reasons include typical cases where e.g. the metro is too small or the daily search traffic is too low, etc.

Best,

Lakatos 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carlos,

My working assumption is that we are talking about the Traffic Estimator tool. A lack of enough data to create a more granular report can actually be caused by multiple reasons. My best guess is that the Max CPC $ or the Daily Budget $ values you specified are too low. You are advised to make a try with very high numbers first.

There might also be other reasons for which you can't find a remedy. Such reasons include typical cases where e.g. the metro is too small or the daily search traffic is too low, etc.

Best,

Lakatos 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The most reliable way to get estimates is to spend a bit of money in adwords. In my experience the tools are not accurate. Adwords is a great way to decide which keywords to target with seo. It's the best keyword research tool.

These are in fact very important thoughts, Adbot. I fully...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

These are in fact very important thoughts, Adbot. I fully agree with you in that if you want accurate estimates give it a short shot. Unfortunately only a few advertisers seem to realize it and most of them go on demanding precise predictions. Actually there might be so many unique circumstances to your particular situation that Tools will never be able to fully copy it in order to calculate a projection. Yep, AdWords is the best online market research tool.