Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords gift certificate already used?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have an Adwords account that I have not used for a while, so last week I received a letter (snail mail) from google with a gift certificate worth of 750 danish kr. (about 130 USD or 84 UK Pounds). I was happy to receive it because I have a new website, that I want to promote. And the gift certificate is a good way to get started.

The problem is that when I entered the key, it told me that it had already been used. I tried several times to make sure I didn't type wrong, but still the same message. The letter look legit, and I can't see why someone should fake a letter like that, so I must asume that it is an error from google?

Has anybody experienced something like this?

Thanks

Rasmus / Denmark

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords gift certificate already used?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rasmus,

Those coupons are only good for new accounts. You won't be able to apply it to your existing account. I wish Google would learn how to do a merge/purge of their direct mail marketing lists so they will stop sending coupons to people with existing accounts!

The letter is legitimate. It's an error on Google's part to send you the coupon. I get those coupons a couple times a year and my boss keeps giving them to me to use on our account. Each time I have to explain the coupon won't work for us.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rasmus,

Those coupons are only good for new accounts. You won't be able to apply it to your existing account. I wish Google would learn how to do a merge/purge of their direct mail marketing lists so they will stop sending coupons to people with existing accounts!

The letter is legitimate. It's an error on Google's part to send you the coupon. I get those coupons a couple times a year and my boss keeps giving them to me to use on our account. Each time I have to explain the coupon won't work for us.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ipdk, 

If you've received a Google AdWords promotional code offered by a Google partner, please read the terms and conditions for that particular offer.

The general rules are:

• Promotional codes are typically limited to one per customer.
  • Promotional codes and coupons are intended only for new accounts and need to be used within 14 days of the account's creation.
  • An expiration date usually applies, so keep in mind that you might have to use your promotional code within a limited period.
  • If you're considering signing up with a service that offers you an AdWords promotional credit, be sure to verify that the service has a relationship with Google. 
  • If you receive a promotional code from a service that you have no business relationship with, be aware that the code might not be valid.

More on how to use promo codes and coupons here.

Best,

Zee

Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This thread was removed by the Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.