AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I downloaded Adword Editor in an attempt to copy/paste campaign from an account to another. It's working on the software, but it's not being synchronized on Adwords. Is there a way to solve this?

Or is there any other way to copy/paste campaigns from an account to another?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Adwords editor

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
After making changes in Editor (whether copying campaigns, or any other), click Post Changes button and follow prompts. It is at this point that your changes are uploaded to the actual live AdWords account.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Roger,

If you are not able to copy and paste a campaign from one account to another then you have no other choice but to get in touch with a Google representative and ask them to do this for you.

I believe they can do this transfer of campaigns between different accounts at their back end with any issues.

Other than this, I recommend you download the whole campaign you wish to copy/replicate in the form of a csv or excel file and then upload the same as a new campaign altogether in the other account. This is the only other way I think you can do this without the help of a Google rep.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
After making changes in Editor (whether copying campaigns, or any other), click Post Changes button and follow prompts. It is at this point that your changes are uploaded to the actual live AdWords account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.

When I copy/paste a campaign to another account, the performance data (clicks, ctr...) will not be transfered, right? So the campaign will be as it never ran?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Correct. Stats are not transferred from the original to the copy, whether across accounts or within the same account.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Roger,

Yes as Igor mentioned, your account stats are not transferred when you copy it to another account. If you wish to keep or retain the stats for your campaigns for performance comparison then I suggest you download all possible reports for the campaigns that you will be transferring.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"