AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords charging for more clicks than reported?

J R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
J R
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have one ad running. AdWords says it was clicked 9 times and charges me a number that reflects that, but when I go to check which keywords generated the clicks it only shows 5 clicks for my keywords. Where did the last 4 non-keyword magical clicks come from? My ad is only set to run between certain times and hasn't run in the last 4 hours, so it shouldn't be an update issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords charging for more clicks than reported?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello J R,

Welcome to adwords,

It can be update issue, Some times in adwords you will face such kind of Glitches in adwords sometimes. No need to be worried.Google is having very robust systems for charging you for the clicks.If there is any invalid or suspicious activity they will take care of that either by removing those clicks or refunding your money.

Re: Adwords charging for more clicks than reported?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi J R,

Can you clarify exactly where you're seeing the 9 figure and where you're seeing the 5 figure?  Are you looking at the Ads and Keywords tabs?

Do you have any paused or deleted Keywords that you're not seeing on screen?  The totals shown include these in any given time period.

It could, as Suman has said, still be an updating issue.  I don't tend to rely upon any data from AdWords that's less than 24 hours old.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits